Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Found biodiesel, but far away

I called Freedom Fuels, which is listed as a biodiesel retailer in Gainesville, FL, on the biodiesel.org locater map [not anymore - March 2010]. Mark Robinson, who answered the phone, seemed somewhat unhappy about about my call and said they didn't have any. I got the feeling they were feeling the crunch of sinking oil prices. 

Next I called Glover Oil in Melbourne, FL, which was also on the biodiesel.org map. The person there said they just got some in, to call back tomorrow to make sure it's in the tanks, etc. But, at least they are selling it. This is actually the first person to say they have it (besides Engineered fuels a while ago). I am thinking of going down there with my hybrid, since the pickup is still unreliable. Too bad - I had envisioned using the biodiesel pickup to pick up biodiesel. It's an image I would like to fulfill, for some reason.

The trip is rather long, 180 miles, three hours, and I'll be using regular gas to drive to get biodiesel. 180miles @ 40mpg equals 4.5 gallons of gas. Pretty pathetic.




No comments:

Post a Comment