Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Biofuel lines, cleaning the inside, and the woodgrain dash

I emailed Greaseworks, a place that sells Viton fuel lines. These are the lines that don't corrode with biofuel. Normal diesel fuel lines will corrode gradually with biodiesel -  I suppose because biodiesel is more oily, and the lines are made of some rubber. Biodiesel can be used as a paint remover, it turns out. Anyway I emailed them but haven't heard back. My mechanic also wrote back saying it's best that I buy the hoses and have them sent to him.

Smitty recommended a guy, Emmit, to do detailing, i.e. cleaning the inside of the car thoroughly. He did a great job. The car really needed a good washing on the inside. Now it smells less of that old car smell, but the aroma is still a little bit there, just for atmosphere. He explained that the dash had been stained with a special paint just for plastic and that if I wanted to, I could buy that stuff and do the same, but I'm not sure I want to go down that road. Right now the dash matches everything else.

The woodgrain for the dashboard came in — it looks really nice. It'll make the dash panel look a little less taped together, and a lot more early 80's. I had to pick up one of my sons (while the Honda was being detailed) with the pickup. The radio came on by itself and played Smoke on the Water in perfect bad speaker pitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment