Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Finding a purpose

I brought away the dirty recycling to the end of the road. A pickup must have a purpose, after all. Usually we use the Civic for this, and it has made the car somewhat smelly and in constant need of a cleaning. Glad to have another option now.

I don't trust the pickup enough yet for longer trips; just getting it across town to the mechanic was harrowing enough. Soon, I will be using it to get feed for the animals, move around farm related materials (we're building a barn and refurbishing a shed). Right now the truck still has its white coat on it, and it doesn't look very professional. It has a few chips missing and parts where some gunk was sprayed over. I'm discovering more and more what a third rate restoration the seller had done on the car. I'd call it an "Ebay-level" restoration: looks good on Ebay, but not in person. 

I'm looking into getting a spray-in liner for the truck, so I don't need to worry about damaging the coat. The downside of a spray-in is that it doesn't come off, so the "original" surface of the car is permanently altered. But, I'm beyond trying make the car an exact reproduction; instead making it functional and reasonably pleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment