Monday, November 17, 2008

Second car fix

I had brought the car back to Smitty since some more things needed to be fixed. On the 15th, I couldn't get a ride to the shop, so Smitty was kind enough the pick me up with his car to the garage. I paid another bill, around 1100 dollars, which hurt, but I trust him. I noticed that some things I had put on the list of things to fix hadn't been done, like the way neutral sometimes feels like 2nd, the door jamming, the lack of ac, the lack of wiper fluid system. For Smitty these were superficial  problems, so he didn't focus on those first. He's right of course, and the car runs much better now, and the glowplug system finally works. But going home with the car having only the glowplugs and the motor working better felt a little disappointing because I had wanted to come away with more noticeable results also. The notion of "just fix whatever needs fixing" doesn't really exist apparently. Every time one thing is fixed, other problems come to the surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment