Friday, October 3, 2008

The car is running!

Brannon came over again. I had asked him if he could watch me install the battery so I could learn. I put in the battery and he replaced the fuses. The car actually started and Brannon gave me quick lesson in stick shift and diesel car basics. I am grateful to him for giving me that introduction. 

I had practised shift recently with my friend Ethan once on a tractor, with my uncle Ute once, and with our assistant Bailey twice. I didn't stall on my first try with the Rabbit (proud to say). It can even start off 2nd gear, but not uphill. Driving backwards is a bit jumpy. 

It was very exciting to have "fixed" the car. One of my goals, learning to troubleshoot basic car problems was becoming a reality sooner than I had hoped. And it was exciting to drive it after all the wait and stress. This was a very encouraging day, in all.

No comments:

Post a Comment