Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Rabbit arrives

I used DAS Dependable Auto Shippers to get the car from California to Florida. This added about 1000 dollars to the price of the car unfortunately. I toyed with the notion of driving it from California, and make a road trip out of it. But I didn't feel confident enough in my mechanical skills or the car. Anyway, I had it shipped to Jacksonville, then from there to my house. 

Well, I am glad I didn't try to drive it from California or Jacksonville. The delivery truck couldn't get it off the truck, because he couldn't start it. He said the same problem occurred in Jacksonville. He found a way of rolling it off the truck. Brannon, our neighbor was around so I asked him his opinion. He is studying auto engineering, so he'd know how to look at a car. He looked at it, we tried jumping it. There was a lot of corrosion on the battery, and a few fuses and cables that didn't seem right to him. Also, the whole engine compartment looked pretty shabby. I was starting to suspect that I got ripped off. 

Brannon gave me advice on what to replace. I went to Pep Boys later that day, exchanged the battery for a new one (the battery cost less with an old one brought in). Also bought some fuse that looked bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment