Saturday, October 4, 2008

Is the car still working?

Tried to start car again, but it actually tried to move foward. I double checked the stick and it was in third gear, which is how Brannon had parked it. Gear 3 looks and feels a lot like neutral. I put it into neutral and it still wouldn't start but at least didn't lunge. I kept on revving, and after a lot of smoke the car eventually started and I practised driving it. It stalled a few times when trying to start off in second gear slightly uphill. I am obviously not very good yet at knowing how long to wait before I start, how much revving is OK, and which gear I'm in.

The car is the exact opposite of my Honda Hybrid. It's a bumpy ride, it's really loud, the steering is really hard, it's got them finnicky gears, the seats are small and upright, and it smells inside and out.

But I took Bruno, my son, for a ride in the flatbed, which was a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment